FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
-Which MUN procedure will the conference follow?
Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22 will follow the Harvard procedure.
- Who can participate in Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22?
Any university or high school student between 15 and 25 years of age can apply to Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22 for available positions.
- What are the requirements for high school students to apply as a delegation?
Only an observer (a high school teacher) can make a delegation application on behalf of high school students. The observer does not have to be present at all times during the conference and supervise his/her students, however, we highly advise their participation in order to encourage their delegates and attend some delegations-only activities. Delegation applications submitted solely by high school students will not be evaluated. For every academic and organizational matter, the observer will be contacted prior to, during, and after the conference.
- What are the requirements for university students to apply as a delegation?
A university student, as a head delegate, can form a delegation and apply to Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22. For every academic and organizational matter, the head delegate will be contacted prior to, during, and after the conference.
- What are the limitations for delegations?
The minimum number of delegates for a delegation is 3 and the maximum number is 6 in a single application.
- We want to form a delegation with more than 6 delegates. What should be done in order to get approval for our delegation?
Entering the number of delegates as 6 while filling out the application form and then contacting the Boğaziçi MUN Advanced ’22 PR Team (via firstname.lastname@example.org) about your request would be sufficient. However, Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22 may not accept the increased number or later may ask your delegation to reduce its total size in order to get accepted because of the limited quota for delegates.
- My application to Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22 has been rejected, is there any reconsideration procedure to get a re-evaluation for my application?
The decision of the Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22 Secretariat on application results is final. There is no reconsideration procedure unless there is a technical mistake done by the Academic or Organization teams.
- Are applications evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis?
Yes, applications are evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis meaning that first applications get evaluated first by the Secretariat. Therefore, there might be a greater chance of acceptance if you apply as early as possible to Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22.
- What are the bank account details for the payment?
Our bank account details will be shared with you via email after you get a notice of acceptance from our Organization Team.
- When is the last date for payments?
You are expected to make your payments within 3 business days from the moment you get an acceptance.
- Are there any scholarships provided for the Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22 conference?
There is no scholarship opportunity provided by the Organization Team. However, delegates or delegations can independently raise funds for their participation in Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22.
- How many social events are there going to be in Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22?
The social event(s) are going to be announced soon. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page in order to follow up with the updates and announcements!
- Am I allowed to get a refund if I decide not to participate?
Unfortunately, due to our financial policies, participants who have completed their payments and decide not to participate will not be able to get a refund. But you can contact our team anytime for guidance and help.
- Will there be accommodation options in Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22?
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will not be able to offer accommodation for delegates during Boğaziçi MUN Advanced '22. Members of the Academic Team (including Academic Assistants but not the members of Chair Boards), Organization Team, and Administrative Staff may be provided with accommodation depending on availability and demand.