FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can participate in BoğaziçiMUN 2020?
Any university or high school student between 15-25 years of age can apply to BoğaziçiMUN 2020 for available positions. Underage (18-) participants have to bring a written and signed consent from their parents to participate.
- What are the requirements for high school students to apply as a delegation?
Only an observer (a high school teacher) can make delegation application on behalf high school students. Observer must be present at all times during the conference and supervise his/her students. Delegation applications done by high school students will not be approved. For every academic and organizational matter, the observer will be contacted prior to, during, and after the conference.
- What are the requirements for university students to apply as a delegation?
A university student, as a head delegate, can form a delegation and apply to BoğaziçiMUN 2020. For every academic and organizational matter, the head delegate will be contacted prior to, during, and after the conference.
- What are the limitations for delegations?
Minimum number of delegates for a delegation is three and the maximum number is 12 in a single application. For delegations that choose to have accommodation, we advise to bring a delegation that can be split into groups of three delegates.
- We want to form a delegation with more than 12 delegates. What should be do in order to get approval to our delegation?
You can make a second application for your extra delegates. It is advised that, to get an approval for extra delegates, you should clearly write the background of your delegation and and give detailed information regarding each delegate's experience in the application form. Additionally, BoğaziçiMUN 2020 may ask your delegation to reduce its total size in order to get acceptance because of the limited quota for delegates.
- My application to BoğaziçiMUN 2020 has been rejected, are there any reconsideration procedure to get a re-evaluation for my application?
Decision of the BoğaziçiMUN 2020 Secretariat on application results are final. There is no reconsideration procedure unless there is a technical mistake done by the Academic or Organization teams.
- Are applications evaluated on first come, first served basis?
Yes, applications are evaluated on first come, first served basis meaning that first applications get evaluated first by the Secretariat. Therefore, there is a greater chance of acceptance if you apply as early as possible to BoğaziçiMUN 2020.
- Can everyone stay in the hotel, are there any limitations regarding accommodation?
We have a limited number of rooms in the hotel, therefore, we cannot guarantee that every participant can stay in the hotel. If you would like to have accommodation during the conference, we highly advise you that you should apply as early as possible to guarantee your stay.
- Is an extra night of accomodation possible at the hotel?
Yes, one more night of accommodation is possible in the hotel and it is 290 TRY for a double room and 300 TRY for a triple room. Please follow the "Accommodation & Logistics" page for further updates or contact the Logistics Team.
- Does the conference fee cover meals and transportation?
Our participation fee includes four days of breakfast and lunch and all necessary trips with shuttles during your conference experience.
- Is there a special group discount for delegations?
No, our delegation fees per person are the same as the fees for the individual delegates.
- What are the bank account details for the payment?
Our bank account details will be shared with you with an email when you get an acceptance from our Organization Team.
- When is the last date for payments?
You are expected to make your payments within 5 business days from the moment you get an acceptance.
- Are there any scholarships provided for the BoğaziçiMUN'20 conference?
There is no scholarship opportunity provided by the Organization Team. However, delegates or delegations can raise funds for their participation to BoğaziçiMUN 2020.
- How many social events are there going to be in BoğaziçiMUN 2020?
The social events (dates and places) are going to be announced soon. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram page in order to follow up with the updates and announcements!
- Am I allowed to choose my roommates?
Yes, participants who attend our conference with accommodation can choose their roommate / roommates and will be sent a form where they can specify their preferences.
- Am I allowed to get a refund if I decide not to participate?
Unfortunately, due to our financial rules, participants who have done their payments and decide not to come won’t be able to get a refund. But you can contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org anytime for guidance and help.